Sunday, November 05, 2006

Looking North

I love Eureka. It has everything I could ever want to support my kids and I, and the arts are superb. But... I've been driving up and looking at an area about an hour north that offers more of what I'm desiring. Being less in the path of progress, it should maintain some semblance of stability for the foreseeable future, but still be close enough to HSU to allow me to continue graduate school, should I so choose.
I won't make a move until I graduate, but I've been looking at the possibilities there, and I'm liking them more and more.
In other news, I couldn't stand the splint on my hand, so I've removed it. I had to try and see if I can still finger a fretboard, and I can, but with reservations. No strength in my pinkie, and my knuckle is, well, grotesque.
I want to start a bluegrass band. I had an inspiration the other night while I was trying to figure out what my purpose in life was to be. It came to me in a flash - music! I have played in a few bands when I was much younger, and have always loved bluegrass, especially California bluegrass. There should be some good mandolin, bass, dobro, banjo, and fiddle players around here somewhere. I have time to ferret them out while my hand heals.

No comments: