Friday, November 10, 2006

Figuring Things Out


Three killer papers in three weeks - can it be done? Luckily the topics are actually interesting, so this may be easier than I make it to be. This weekend is going to be a writefest!

I've been listening to a lot of Bob Dylan lately. I get a kick picking out the backgrounds and following them all the way through - the sixties and seventies were great for innovation. It's cool to hear the change from almost all acoustic to electric/acoustic as he gets more into the work. Gives me ideas, as they say.

The hand seems to be healing quickly. The knuckle is still swollen strangely, but I've gotten a lot more movement with my pinkie. There is a numbness in my hand and arm that is concerning. Every once in a while I get a tingle up and down - feels very strange.

I would like to go north for a day this weekend and explore around Orick, but I also would like to get the research finished on at least two papers, so we'll see. No kids, no other attachments. It's exhilarating and melancholy at the same time. I certainly miss the days exploring life with someone who is doing the same. I'm thinking I may just have to keep that desire locked up, and use it to foster creativity. I sure miss her, though...

No comments: