Sunday, September 24, 2006

New Life



Boober started acting different about 7:45 last evening. She kept jumping in my lap, looking into my eyes, and crying a high-pitched little cry. I thought it might be time for her to have babies, so I took her to the spot I had made for her in the amoire. After jumping in and out a few dozen times, she finally curled up and started purring like crazy. I petted her as she got closer, and popped the sac of the first baby around 10PM when it wouldn't break by itself. I went to sleep about midnight, and thought she had had only one kitten, but when I changed her bedding this morning I found a tiny, crumpled body beneath her. I couldn't tell if the baby had been stillborn, but it looked quite forlorn and small. I buried it beside Goober.
Mother and baby doing fine.

No comments: